Superintendent's COVID-19 Friday Update- February 12, 2021
Today, we continue to report very promising and encouraging numbers of those positive and quarantined.
As of this communication on February 12th we have:
- 20 active positive cases among students (11) and staff (9). (16 last week)
- 5 staff members are quarantined. (18 last week)
- 89 students are quarantined. (74 last week)
- A total of 114 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week. (108 last week)
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 494 out of approximately 6,000 students and staff. This is now 8.2% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of February 8th, there were:
- 4,869 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (12% of the community).
- 173 new cases in the Russellville community (249 last week)
We will continue to monitor our cases and provide any updates from the Department of Health and the Department of Education. With the forecast of inclement weather ahead next week, please look for information on our website or expect a voice message or text regarding school closures next week. Please stay safe and warm!
We are all Achieving Excellence Together,